About Henry Novak
Experience and Accomplishments
Henry has been an Austin, Texas, attorney for over 35 years. He has represented hundreds of clients in a multitude of business matters:
- Sale and purchase of commercial, multi-family and residential properties.
- Formation of hundreds of legal entities.
- The purchase and sale of small businesses.
- Negotiated and drafted commercial contracts, leases and franchise agreements.
- Prepared Private Placement Memorandums for lead investors in multi-family acquisitions.
- Counseled IRA owners in self-directing and managing their IRA accounts.
- Represented institutional lenders in the preparation of mortgage and commercial loan documents.
- Represented clients in commercial litigation.
- Created the legal procedure for partitioning employer 401(k) plans in community property states.
Henry attended the Dedman School of Law at Southern Methodist University. He clerked for the U.S. District Court in Dallas, Texas, followed by a clerkship on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in Los Angeles, California. He served as an assistant U. S. attorney for seven years and was chief of the white collar fraud section of the Criminal Division of the U.S. Attorney’s office. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas and is licensed to practice in the Fifth, Ninth and Tenth U. S. Courts of Appeal and in the Southern and Western Districts of Texas.